Cloud Support Engineer: Security
As a member of IBM Cloud's technical support organization, you will have a passion for helping customers with a determination to improve the overall client experience by quickly identifying and resolving problems.
- Diagnosing, investigating and resolving issues reported by our customers to their satisfaction
- Communicating effectively with customers via ticket, chat, and phone
- Documenting your work in ticketing system to the required level of detail
- Continuously learning and improving your skills in areas relevant to your work
You will provide technical support to clients of our infrastructure based offerings and services. You'll be required to have excellent collaboration with team members, other IT organizations, key stakeholders, and business partners to meet the needs of the business as well as that of our customers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues reported by IBM Cloud customers.
- Effectively communicate with customers and partners via phone, chat, and the case regarding technical issues.
- Document and track customer cases from start to finish ensuring customer expectations are properly managed and that technical issues are resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
- Work with engineering, operations, and management to diagnose and resolve critical issues.
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
We are a global team, so communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical as well as the flexibility to work with team members in other time zones.
- Experience with Networking, Gateways, Firewalls, & Routing, SSL certificates, VPN/OpenVPN, Authentication & Network Protocols, TCP/IP, OSPF, RIP, DNS, VLAN Tagging/Trunking
- Industry certifications related to network & security technologies such as CISSP, CEH, CCNA
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper/JunOS, Vyatta is a strong plus
- 2+ years of experience working directly with customers.
- 2+ years of experience working in the cloud computing industry with a focus around compute and infrastructure services.
- 2+ years experience troubleshooting complex issues using problem determination and best practices.
- 2+ years leading and mentoring teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field
Expert level experience in one or more of these specialized areas:
- Expert level industry and vendor certifications related to infrastructure offerings
- Virtualization products such as VMWare, Citrix XenServer, Hyper-V, etc.
- Provisioning, storage concepts, Web servers, Web hosting control panels, system administration.
- Hardware Security Modules.
- Windows Server 2016+
- Advanced Troubleshooting of OS and Roles
- Active Directory
- Linux (CentOS/RedHat,Ubuntu/Debian)