Reporting to the Data Engineering Lead and as part of the Data Engineering team, you will be responsible the availability, performance and scalability of the iflix data acquisition platform, the quality of the data being received, and the support of the data teams in use of this data. This platform receives a high volume of detailed user events which drive our monitoring, business analytics, user recommendations and other decision making within our systems.
- Steadily and continuously improve a zero-downtime system with high load and many downstream consumers within the business.
- Work with stakeholders in the business to ensure user events are recorded in a consistent manner as applications evolve.
- Keep up with industry trends and information around streaming data, high availability, scale, performance and ensure they are proactively applied to the iflix systems.
- Design and troubleshoot large-scale high performance systems.
- You love agile. You have a need to automate everything.
- BS Degree or MS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with AWS, stream processing, big data, high performance.
- High performance application development experience.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Strong desire to mentor and teach.
- Ability to learn fast, and a passion for learning absolutely essential.
- High energy, confident, and ambitious individual.
- Must be a passionate communicator, willing to challenge and enhance ideas while preserving relationships