eCommerce Content Specialist
- Maintains web content on the site using SAP Hybris.
- Creates, modifies and associates product images, category and homepage images.
- Writing product descriptions that help visitors intuitively understand how the product will benefit them.
- Re-proofs content and placement, after item is live on the website.
- Monitors website for any inconsistencies; content, usability, messaging and branding,
- Responsible for enforcing Costco site standards. Our content specialists are the content gatekeepers and advocates of Costco best practices.
- Communicates with Buyers, call centre and other departments to relay and gather information.
- Assists in other areas of the department and company as needed.
- Can work with HTML & comfortable with CSS.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Dreamweaver and or other HTML editors.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Search Engine Optimization, Google Analytics and Photoshop.
- Online writing and editing experience is highly regarded.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills allowing candidate to work well with peers and all levels of the organization
- Must be comfortable learning and using new technologies.
- A strong understanding of modern web best practices.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized and strong sense of project ownership.
- Experience with web content management systems.
- Proven competency in written and verbal communication, including excellent grammar, proofreading and editing of others work.
- High energy level, self-motivated and demonstrates initiative.
- Self-starter can identify solutions and ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and numerous projects
- May require scheduling flexibility to meet the needs of the business