Electrical Engineer, Water (D4C)
We are starting to build our teams and we are seeking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to join the D4C team right from the start to help develop this business into what we know it will be.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or a degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 2 years + experience working within an engineering consultancy, or in a design and construct or asset owner field.
- Proven years relevant professional experience.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in the application of standards, detailed knowledge of current electrical standards, the development of conceptual and detailed design, and design management of Electrical infrastructure, particularly relating to the water utility sector or similar.
- Undertake (or lead) field and desktop investigations related to the condition, appropriateness, and capacity of existing electrical infrastructure related to capital upgrades.
- Prepare detailed documentation and specification requirements for Electrical components in order to support procurement and delivery of allocated projects
- Technical and commercial acumen with a focus on successful outcomes for our projects and our clients.
- High levels of personal integrity, and a desire for continued professional development and improvement as an engineering professional.
- Manage the identification and resolution of project safety risks through contemporary Safety in Design methods, ensuring legislative compliance
- Electrical specific specialist safety knowledge/understanding (protection, arc flash, earthing, hazardous areas and machine safety principles).
- Experience interpreting authority standards and electrical requirements (especially around brown field projects). The works will be a combination of new infrastructure and updating existing infrastructure
- Good communicating skills with constructors, commissioning engineers, operators and maintainers, and with people working in different disciplines. Opportunity to mentor junior colleagues.
- Undertake all responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Good interfacing skills with client and electrical authorities.