Field Service Engineer
- Field Service Engineer focused on BGI NGS sequencing instrumentation as well as its affiliated equipment and assays.
- Execute on-site installations, instrument validation, maintenance and general customer training.
- Troubleshoot issues related to customer sequencing run, data processing, software and instruments. Perform preliminary on-site failure analysis to identify root cause and feedback to corresponding company department or personnel.
- Identify customer requests or complaint, escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible.
- Proactively share experience, knowledge and skills to peers and help to build an organization with strong professionalism. Coach and mentor new hires as needed.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers in assigned territory.
- Providing strategic and competitive customer feedback to marketing and product teams. Assist sales efforts through technical presentations and demonstrations If needed.
- Professional background in Electronics/Biochemistry/Engineering or related subjects.
- 3+ years prior work experience in servicing biomedical equipment, preferred molecular biological or equivalent instrumentation with high complexity.
- Prior knowledge and experience on Genetics, Molecular Biology or Bioinformatics preferred
- Prior experience with IVD or equivalent regulations is preferred
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills
- PC and networking skills
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region frequently. For training or occasional special calls, international traveling including China is required.
- Good English skills, both verbal and written