Full Stack Developer (React/Node)
As a Full Stack Developer, you will develop multiple web applications using ReactJS/ NodeJS technical stack. Day in day out you will:
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications and functionality through an Agile-Scrum methodology.
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Maintain a daily work log in Jira and accurately depict your activities during stand-ups and related meetings.
- Ensure each user story or bugfix is comprehensively tested prior to releasing to the testing team.
- Create unit test scripts, including the ability to conduct the appropriate manual functional and non-functional testing before launch.
- Troubleshoot and debug production web applications (frontend and backend) in a DevOps-focused business environment.
- Evaluate existing web application modules to reprogram, update and add new features.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in full-stack web application development:
- On the frontend using a functional programming paradigm, the ReactJS library and components styled using ‘Less’ compiled CSS, or styled using styled-components library.
- On the backend using an API-first entity-based programming paradigm and a NodeJS based server.
- Ability to develop new complex ReactJS UI components and maintain existing ReactJS components adhering to an internal style guide, and conventional props-based interface.
- Strong experience in the use of online enterprise software development and collaboration tools, including the Atlassian suite of Jira, Bamboo, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile-Scrum environment using a DevOps methodology, with experience working in integrated teams and have a genuine interested in helping others.
- Highly-developed knowledge of defined software development frameworks.
- Ability to respect other professionals and their respective roles within a project, and work with a diverse range of cultures and personalities.
- Demonstrated commitment to a previous project or product, with the ability to stay focused during times of uncertainty and high-levels of demand in a customer focused work culture.
- Must be a problem solving oriented professional, for example, be proactive in solving problems before escalating, rather than expecting others to rectify problems.
Davidson is excited to partner with this well-respected government department in the search of a talented Full Stack Developer. This is an excellent contract opportunity rolling through until EOFY 2021 with a strong chance of extension. You will roll up your sleeves developing some exciting web applications using React/Node technical stack. This is an excellent opportunity to take your career up a notch and leave your mark on some multi-million dollar projects.