ICT Systems Manager
- Supporting the strategic initiatives and operations of the School by proactively assessing technical requirements, proposing technical solutions, followed by effective planning and implementation of those solutions in collaboration with the Faculty ICT Manager as guided by the Head of School and School Manager (Administration).
- Working collaboratively with members of the SEBE ICT team and eSolutions to provide high quality ICT support whilst advocating for the School’s ICT systems, platforms, computational and data needs.
- Managing the School’s technical team to support a wide range of computing systems and platforms in the specialist areas of robotics, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things (IoT), cybersecurity, virtual and augmented reality and broad ICT.
- Managing the School’s laboratories to ensure the teaching and research needs are supported at all hosted locations. This includes the life-cycle management of equipment and servers, whilst providing high quality technical support to staff and students.
- Providing high-level advice and support to academic staff and students on the system design, development, and application to ensure high quality teaching and research output for the School of Information Technology.
- Representing the School in various forums that are facilitated by eSolutions and Infrastructure Property Group (IPG), including collaborating with Faculty ICT Teams, relevant staff in the Faculty and School on actions, priorities, and policies being introduced by the University’s central Divisions.
- Specialist knowledge in the IT technical field, or an equivalent combination of training and extensive relevant experience.
- Proven experience with managing and maintaining computers and complex systems and networks, including the ability to identify, analyse and solve complex computer hardware and software problems.
- Demonstrable experience in managing Linux, Windows Server, VMware virtualization, software defined storage and cloud or similar.
- Proven ability to design and architect HPC compute, storage and network solutions and associated application software.
- Demonstrable ability to deploy and manage IoT and robotics platforms as well as advanced AI, Data Science and Cyber Security platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively monitor, control and support ICT service delivery.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.