IT Technician - Onsite Support
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues within the IT scope. These may include Microsoft OS / Office applications, Active Directory, Exchange Management Console, networking basics and business applications used within the organization.
- Monitor Service Desk call logging system ensuring incidents and requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- Identify problems which require additional expertise and take appropriate action, including escalating as appropriate
- Respond to incidents and requests for technical assistance in person, via phone or electronically
- Create knowledge base documentation for future reference
- Perform hardware and software installations
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Monitor system alerts and perform escalations accordingly
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
- May be required to visit remote offices to provide support services to staff
- Minimum 3 years of Service Desk or equivalent applicable experience
- Exposure to and an understanding of ITIL required, certification preferred
- Solid experience with Microsoft OS / Office applications, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Management Console and networking basics
- Desirable knowledge : Microsoft Server Systems Administration, SCCM, ITIL, Service Desk Ticketing System, Airwatch Mobile Device Management, VOIP technology, Autodesk administration, WinPE, MPLS networksAbility to diagnose IT related hardware issues
- Ability to solve problems and identify, assess and implement solutions effectively and efficiently
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, tenacity, perseverance and time management skills
- Availability to travel within the region
- Flexibility to work on-call on weekends
- Flexibility to work outside of core business hours