People and Performance Coordinator
The People and Performance team at Racing Queensland (RQ) are expanding their team to include a full-time People and Performance Coordinator on a 12 month fixed term contract.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified and motivated HR Coordinator who would like to join a passionate and professional team who strive to provide positive employee experiences and a culture of high performance and high engagement. We do this by providing a safe workplace which is inclusive, equitable and one where employees are appreciated, rewarded and recognized for their achievements.
The People and Performance Coordinator will
Reporting to the People and Performance Manager, key areas of responsibility will include the coordination of recruitment, induction and onboarding activities and acting as the first point of contact for the HR team. The role will also provide sound HR advice, support and guidance, coordinate the annual Employee Health and Wellbeing calendar of events, create purchase orders and manage the HR email inbox whilst ensuring RQ meets its IR/ER and statutory requirements.
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources; Industrial Relations; Business; Management or a related discipline and/or experience in a HR Coordinator role for at least 2-3 years.
- Proven ability to interpret industrial instruments/conditions of employment, providing advice to management and employees.
- Understanding of the application of policies and procedures within an HR framework.
- A proactive, professional with strong interpersonal skills and a customer-focused approach able to work with a broad range of people from varying backgrounds.
- Able to show initiative within a team environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Able to demonstrate integrity through actions, decisions and behaviours.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Desired experience working in a racing, wagering or a statutory authority environment.