Platform Engineer - Data
We currently have a newly created opportunity available for a Data Platform Engineer. Placed in a specialist Technology Platform team you will be supporting our Snowflake technology and project work for flybuys. In this position you will be responsible for:
- Production support tasks such as installations, configuration and modifications of the Snowflake database Infrastructure.
- Assist the wider Data Engineering teams maintain scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues.
- 5+ years’ as a Database Administrator/Engineer with experience across production support tasks such as installations, configuration and modifications of the database Infrastructure.
- 2+ years’ experience working with the Snowflake cloud based data warehouse product.
- 2+ years related experience providing technical support at an enterprise level.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile based, fast paced, complex environment within cross-functional teams.
- Hands on experience working with Advanced SQL, Java, Python and other Scripting languages.
- Experience with visualization tools such as PowerBI, QuickSight is an added advantage.
- Experience working with analytics and data science team to support the execution of machine learning, AI and advanced analytics.
- Experience working within and an understanding of Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure ecosystems.