Downer Rollingstock Services has an exciting opportunity to join our business. RSS is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock & Overhaul services, for both the local QLD and greater Australian markets and we are currently seeking a Project Engineer to be based at our Maryborough in QLD. You will be responsible for the direction and management of engineering projects and tenders through the life cycle within the Rail Engineering Team. The main purpose is to undertake and lead engineering activities in accordance with Scope of Works received by Downer and demonstrate the engineering solutions to meet both the scope and national/international standards.
- Bachelor of Engineering in a relevant Engineering field
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) is desirable. Successful applicant must be able to achieve RPEQ status if not already acquired.
- Experience in engineering modifications and overhauls on Rollingstock (highly desirable)
- Proven experience in managing engineering projects including budget, earned value and progress (desirable)
- Experience in rolling stock or transport related field is preferred or experience in aerospace, defence or similar heavy industry environment
- Ability to establish and maintain positive customer, supplier and internal relationships
- Ability to lead effectively with a firm focus on teamwork and fostering the development of the team
- Ability to undertake engineering work and authoring of modification and engineering documents to facilitate the execution of the work scope by Downer production staff.
- Strong emphasis on innovation and best practice
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Articulate complex concepts to all levels from the workplace floor to senior executive management
- An analytical approach to root cause, cost-benefit, safety and risk
- Familiarity with Queensland Rail standards and work practice (desirable)