- Implement safety standards, policies and practices including but not limited to; safety management systems, training, and risk assessments.
- Collaborate with other groups within Amazon (Facilities Managers, Human Resources, Hardware Operations) and outside vendors (General Contractors, sub-contractors, Emergency Services) as they relate to operations and construction.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of global safety programs and local regulatory legislation.
- Develop safety plans for on-site emergencies, special events and other unique safety situations.
- Perform safety data analysis and create benchmarking.
- Ensure safety recordkeeping and provide accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
- Consult and work with legal for safety regulations interpretations and investigations.
- Develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
- Adapt to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, strategy and deadlines.
- Domestic and international travel for emergency and non-emergency may be required.
- Able to work as part of a team and provide safety support to sites across Sydney and other states and countries when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort interfacing with site leaders and senior leaders.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Experience designing and implementing safety policy, processes and procedural documentation.
- Construction, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, or similar industry safety experience with mix of full time employees and third-party contractors.
- Considerable knowledge of local safety and health regulatory law and practices of investigations and workplace safety.
- Able to manage up and escalate issues or concerns when required.
- High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.