Senior Software Engineer
Working in a dynamic squad/tribe, closely with business, fast paced environment, you are empowered to make decisions for the things you are passionate to build and responsible for. It is expected that you drive accountability for your own deliveries and collectively deliver business initiatives as a team.
The team is tight-knit, with no egos, and welcomes proactive, self-driven, fast learners to come and join in on the adventure. Your ideas will always be heard – from the short-term projects to the big picture of business.
You as the Backend Developer are responsible for delivering Java APIs that can be consumed by mobile applications with high quality and standards. The Developer will work under the guidance of the squads' Chapter Lead to implement the agreed solutions and schedules.
The success of this role will come from the developer’s ability to work across the Optus Technology stacks and building great working relationships with squad members, peers across domains and vendors/third parties as well.
- Extensive Java 8 commercial experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Spring Framework, including Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring OAuth2, Spring AOP and Spring Data are essential
- Experience with Spring Boot and micro-services
- Comfortable working with a wide range of open source tools and IDEs
- Comfortable with Linux, Windows and Unix Systems
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Eager to learn new skills and fast learner
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies and practices
- A can do attitude and happy to share knowledge with the team
- Bonus experience
- Knowledge of Kotlin/Swift
- AWS infrastructure or other cloud experience
- NoSQL database experience
- Security or PCI Compliance
- Application Performance Tuning
- Experience across the full stack including java backend APIs, android or iOS app development
- Team leading experience