Software Development Engineer
- Continually improve your level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant networks & technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- You will play a leadership role in your team, will drive best practices, and will play an important role in the design, architecture, and the evolution of load balancing systems.
- You will be responsible for major deliverables, and will be expected to show good judgment, to think in terms of architectures
- You will Troubleshoot and fix operational problems: You will work with systems and software engineers to troubleshoot operational problems and fix them. You will also have the opportunity to automate troubleshooting procedures, write tools and, when the issues concern specific customers, talk to customers and understand their space better.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years’ experience building scalable, fault tolerant software or distributed systems.
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++
- Deep hands-on technical expertise (3+ years) in at least one major technical area: large scale Unix systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, designing large scale networks
- Ability to gather customer requirements and deliver innovative solutions.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release and change management).
- Very strong problem solving and coding skills.
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and their performance.
- Comfortable with Linux and a good understanding of networking concepts.