Software Development Engineer
We are tasked with building scaled software supporting the high-tempo needs of security teams at Amazon. Threat intelligence, detection, monitoring, hunting, and response, forensics, malware, reverse engineering, security analysis and machine learning. If these concepts interest you – read on!
You will work with other members of our growing team to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility of ideas. You will write high quality distributed software systems, operating at a massive scale that’s not available anywhere else. Come help us drive best practices, operational and engineering excellence across the organization, impacting how other teams operate!
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling and evolving distributed systems and high-volume transaction applications in a 24/7 dev ops environment
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development with Java, C#, Python, Ruby, or other similar/object-oriented language
- Experience with software development methodologies like Kanban, SCRUM, or Scrumban; ability to communicate and interpret requirements documented via user stories or technical specs.
- Experience with full stack development teams, owning APIs, UIs, and data stores. Operating software in data centres or cloud environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience