About the role:
You will be reporting directly to the Software Manager, with your day-to-day work mainly revolving around the following:
- You’ll design, implement & test software and configure critical upgrades throughout the whole deployment life cycle.
- You’ll create software engineering documentation, including specifications, designs, test plans & manuals.
- You’ll be collaborating with their local and overseas software teams as well as with stakeholders to ensure quality code.
- You’ll analyse, diagnose & solve software related errors.
- You’ll participate in regular design review sessions and peer code reviews.
- You’ve got strong coding skills in at least two programming languages. Experience in .NET platform, as well as C++, is much appreciated as it's used for most of the coding.
- You understand the importance of creating reliable software engineering documentation to guide your and other people’s work
- For you, it’s all about synergies, hence you enjoy and promote good teamwork with other developers and engineers.
- Version control matters to you, especially in today's high-paced environment with increasingly shorter product release cycles.
- You’ve demonstrated your problem-solving skills in previous work and projects.
- You’re experienced in modelling and using relational databases.
- It would be a big plus if you had previous experience with SCADA and real-time systems.
Nice to have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Systems or a related field would be desired but is not a requirement.
- Experience in planning, developing, designing & integrating ITS technology.
- Multilingual: As you’ll be part of a multicultural team, daily activities, discussions & documentation, speaking another foreign language would be beneficial.
Founded in 1995, we are a global & multilingual boutique consultancy dedicated to helping businesses expand and optimise - both locally and across borders. Our tailored services and solutions cover everything from Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Payroll Outsourcing, Language Support, International Mobility, and Business Setup.
New projections show that Melbourne’s population is expected to double by 2031 and while building the right infrastructure plays a major role to support growth to this extent, building and integrating smart traffic management solutions has become just as crucial. This is where you come in.
We’re assisting an international ITS integrator in finding them an experienced Software Engineer to be part of one of Melbourne's largest traffic infrastructure projects. You’ll be part of the development of a state-of-the-art software that will enable a smarter, safer journey for millions of Melburnians.