Technical Business Analyst
- Assist the Project Manager/business owner in developing tactical and strategic product, services and/or programs to support the business unit’s goals.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing project plans and technical business specifications, estimating time requirements, establishing deadlines, monitoring milestone completion, tracking phases of the project /software development lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions, and resolving conflicts. This includes documenting, prioritising and tracking requests (changes, enhancements, etc.) and coordinating with the Change Control Board.
- Review, analyse and create detailed documentation of business systems, technical solutions and user needs, including workflow, system functions, and steps required to develop or use systems in a simplified way.
- Define, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other QA artifacts.
- Analyse data sets to identify trends, issues and make recommendations to resolve problems
- Coordinate the development of all approved versions of business and functional specifications for specified applications.
- Review other technical documents with ICT and Applications Support staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning and specification documents.
- Ensure all documentation accurately reflects the current status of change and/or outstanding issues so that business requirements reflect application features and functions.
- Work with the Project Manager/business owner in presenting findings and works to other personnel to uplift the technical skills and capabilities of business units.
- Degree in a relevant field or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ previous experience in a Business Analyst role within a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle is required.
- SQL and/or advanced data skills experience desirable.
- Financial services experience (particularly superannuation industry) will be advantageous.
- Experience with user acceptance testing processes and software development projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent collaboration and communication skills.