UX / Front End Developer
We are currently seeking a passionate and experienced UX / Front End Developer to join the Software Development team within our IT unit. The UX / Front End Developer will be responsible for designing, implementing and advising on usable and accessible interface designs in support of ACER’s projects and users.
A key focus of this role will be on interaction design using human-centred and evidence-based methodologies. It is expected that the UX / Front End Developer will take ownership of the presentation and interaction layer of ACER’s custom built web applications, and be able to troubleshoot any UI/UX issues that arise. This role will work in cross-functional teams within an agile environment, collaborating frequently with developers in the IT team, as well as business stakeholders through all stages of the design and development workflow.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant equivalent)
- 3 years’ experience (minimum) using UX and UI design patterns and components
- Commercial experience with front end web development
- Working knowledge and familiarity with Agile methodology
- Strong problem solving using design-thinking methodologies
- Contemporary knowledge of design principles, trends and UI/UX methodologies
- Effective communication and articulation of design decisions and insights to team members and other key business stakeholders
- Keeping to project timelines at a self-managed pace