W Music Curator
The W Music Curator shall be responsible for coordinating the transition of the regular house music system to his/her performance music and that of guest DJs and performers, then back again at the end of each shift. The W Music Curator will need to understand an audience and the situation and be able to adjust the style of music if necessary.
Additionally, the W Music Curator shall be responsible for planning happenings and daily music schedules, liaising with other performers, negotiating their fees and ensuring their music style suits W Melbourne and ensure that entertainers are performing to contracted schedules, that their grooming and presentation is of an acceptable standard.
The W Music Curator should take responsibility for other aspects of daily performances and larger happenings such as lighting levels, sound equipment quality and maintenance, staging if required etc.
In order to execute the above tasks, the W Music Curator must have reliable and trustworthy contacts within the music and entertainment community both domestically and abroad.
The W Music Curator should understand the meaning and implications of proper control of operating expenses, wages and benefits and use sound financial analysis.
The W Music Curator shall perform a minimum of three (3) days per week, when and where required, at the discretion of the Director of B&F.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience working in a music lifestyle-related business or environment would be a positive attribute.
- Remain up to date on all the latest trends in the international music, arts and performance arts scene.
- Knowledge of music events in Melbourne, Australia and beyond.
- Must have full knowledge of sound systems and all other relevant equipment.
- Must be adaptable to different music and performance styles.
- Must have a clear understanding of working with event companies.
- Must be able to assist guest artist/performers with technical set ups, sound checks and the overall quality of a set up for a music happening or event.
- This is a senior management position and the W Music Curator’s conduct and leadership should reflect that status.