DevOps / Systems Manager
- Engage with staff to determine current and future IT Systems and security requirements, and lead IT Strategy development.
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations
- Work closely with team leads and IT service provider to maintain IT hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Proactively plan for system upgrades and improvements.
- Lead the execution of system upgrades, engaging with external providers as appropriate.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage.
- Analyse the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions.
- Provide advice on data management and security.
- Oversee the technological infrastructure
- Oversee IT service provider user management, on-boarding, desktop support.
- Oversee the configuration and maintenance of basic office infrastructure including network, storage, backups.
- Develop organisational procedures and policies.
- Manage relationships with service providers.
- Experience leading IT operations and delivering best practice supporting technology R&D as well as business systems
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Experience and thorough knowledge of networking and security
- Experience with storage and backup administration.
- Experience with the development of policies and plans for data management, incident response, security etc.